Oh man I'm geeking out. The thinnest notebook on the market.
- 1.6 GHz Standard, 1.8 GHz Option -- Intel Core 2 Duo
- 80 GB hard disk standard, 64 GB SSD as an option. "they're pricy, but they're fast"
- 1.8" Hard Drive
- Multi-touch trackpad
- display is LED backlit. iSight is built-in. MacBook-like keyboard, but with an ambient light sensor
- Magnetic latch, 13.3" widescreen display
- MacBook Air is 0.16" to 0.76". It fits inside a envelope.
- Weighs 3 lbs
- 802.11n + Bluetooth 2.1/EDR
- 45 Watt MagSafe, 1 USB 2.0 port, Micro-DVI, Audio Out
- 2 GB Memory standard
- 5 hours of Battery Life
- No optical drive, but a Superdrive accessory is available for $99. Also, software comes with the MacBook Air that allows you to "borrow" a Mac or PCs optical drive.
- Environmental highlights: fully aluminum case (good for recycling), first fully mercury and lead free display, circuit boards are BFR free, retail packaging are 56% less volume than MacBook.
Editing as new info comes up.
MacBook Air Ad.
All of this is taken from the MacRumors.com Live coverage.
EDIT: Geeking out ceased when I saw the price. $1800 for the low end, $3100 for the high end, a tad too expensive for something so stripped down. If I had the money, I think it would make a nice traveling computer, but thats what a laptop's for. But, again, if I had the money...